How to Hang a Dowel Rod Tapestry
Hanging with a Simple Wooden Dowel
- 1). Measure the tapestry.
- 2). Cut a thin, round wooden dowel slightly longer than the width of the tapestry.
- 3). Slide the dowel inside the rod sleeve at the top of the tapestry.
- 4). Screw one cup hook into each end and position with the openings facing downward.
- 5). Hammer two picture frame nails just outside where the two top corners of the tapestry will hang, in line with the hooks.
- 6). Hang the tapestry on the wall via the nails.
Hanging with a Decorative Rod
- 1). Purchase an expandable decorative rod or one with removable finials (decorative ends).
- 2). Slide the rod inside of the sleeve and then attach the finials, making sure the finials are on tightly.
- 3). Set two picture hanging brackets flush into the wall just outside where the two top corners of the tapestry will hang.
- 4). Hang the tapestry on the brackets.